with android 4.0 [Ice Cream Sandwich] we are getting the real smart phone
let's get to the point , new features ? hell yeah ,among others the ones i really liked are :-
- Virtual buttons in the UI , that means no buttons on front panel
- Improved visual voicemail with the ability to speed up or slow down the messages
- Data Usage section in settings that lets users set warnings when they approach a certain usage limit, and disable data when the limit is exceeded cuz, i can go 3G'ing whole Day long, way exceeding my free data limit
- Built-in photo editor
- Resizeable widgets – which is already part of Android 3.1 for tablets, but new for cellphones.
- hardware acceleration employs the GPU to render animations and graphics, meaning your Android experience will be smooth , so smooth that Once you see what hardware acceleration does for the user experience you’ll probably never want to leave Android.
- now the bad news , (quoted from wikipedia)
A few days after the UK release, some users started noticing a glitch with the volume rocker, where the phone would lower the volume seemingly at random. Cnet UK also reported that the phone in their review "dropped the volume when we were using 2G. This means it was almost impossible to make calls over 2G. We missed calls and texts due to not hearing alerts." As a consequence, they could not recommend buying the phone at the time of the review.On the 22 November 2011, the UK retailer Handtec temporarily stopped Galaxy Nexus shipments after confirming that there was a problem with its stock of devices.Soon after, both Google and Samsung confirmed the issue, saying they already had a fix and the phones would be updated "as soon as possible"