Today in this post I show you how to setup a Dropbox on your computer. Dropbox is one of the most popular services to backup and share files online and it also help you in sync your files with many different computers and mobiles. Dropbox gives you 2 GB storage for free and you can expand it up to 8 GB by referring to your friends or buying more on Dropbox website.
Register and install
- Go to Dropbox website
- Signup for an account
- After you click on Create account button
- It will redirect to a new page and Dropbox software will start downloading
- After it get download , open that file and install
- After it gets installed, select I already have a Dropbox account , hit next
- Login to your Dropbox account
- In the Computer name field you need to name your computer on which you are setting it up , hit next.
- choose your desired space requirement, hit next
- Select Typical (if you want to make your Dropbox folder in C:\Users\USER-NAME\Dropbox) Or select Advanced to set your own path, where you want to your Dropbox folder to be
- Click on Install button
Now go to your Dropbox folder and copy the file or folder you want to backup or sync
with your Dropbox account, when your computer gets connected with Internet it will automatically sync the files you change the file on other pc it changes on your home pc too :) .
while a file is uploading you will see a blue circle near the uploading file
After your files will get back and sync you can see a green tick mark on that file or folder.
if you want to read up more on this topic you can always ask Me in the Comments or Google :)
that's it for now , like us on facebook , comment and share !