we all know that ,when you delete a file (on windows ) it goes to that dustbin thingy known as the recycle bin .so, if by accident you delete a file you can recover it from there , but ,in certain scenarios, this is not possible for example what if you used "Shift+delete" short-cut , which means that it will bypass the recycle bin and get deleted for good ? or if you deleted a picture on your smartphone or camera ? in these cases, the deleted file will not be available in recycle bin.
what to do then ?
well , do not panic if you just deleted the file and did not do much else on the computer yet the file might still be recoverable . first we have to see the concept behind it & how is it possible? read on further beyond the break .
The thing is that eve after you delete a file , the operating system does not erase the file from the storage media it only removes the reference of the file from it's file system table . This means that the file stays on the disk long after it is "deleted" up to the point where it is overwritten by another newly created file , this also implies that until and unless the file has been overwritten , we can recover the data from the storage media .
This is exactly what programs like Recuva do , so let's go ahead and see the procedure of bringing the dead back to life =D....
- Download and install Recuva ,[Link]
- Open recuva ,you will see the Recuva wizard
- Hit next , then select the type of files you want to recover ,select other for all types ,hit next.
- Now select the location of the files you want to recover ,hit next and then hit scan.
|Scanning the drives|
- Once the scan is completed , you will be displayed a list of all the files found like this.
|List of files found|
- Different colours of icons mean different things , as follows
- Red means unrecoverable,Orange means partially overwritten , and green means fully recoverable.
- Select the files you want to recover and hit recover ,select the destination location and hit ok
- Congratulations! you have recovered your file in the said folder.
|Some files cannot be fully recovered|
That's it for now , like us on facebook , comment and share !