Some times the sound or the subtitles on our videos just aren't properly synced with the video , basically they're either too early or too late , this takes away the entire fun from watching the Movie or the TV episode that we've waited for such a long time to watch..
Thankfully, there's an easy fix if you're using VLC media player(other players might have the feature as well) , we've already spoken about how we can download Subtitles easily using VLC media player , so let's see how we can fix the track sync as well .
- Open your video and click on tools in the menu bar at the top
- Click on track synchronization , and you should see something like the picture below
- Now , depending on which track you need to sync with the video , the subtitles or the audio , use the appropriate input boxes' arrows to sync the tracks , hitting the up arrow will cause the track to be delayed and hitting the down arrow will cause it to be hastened
- Keep a close eye at the video to properly sync the track with the video,you may have to wait a moment after you alter the value, to see the result in the playback window.
- Once you're happy with the sync , hit close and enjoy your Movie or Episode ....
if the subtitles are not staying on the screen long enough or are staying on too long , you can try playing around with the subtitle speed and duration factor to find the correct values and don't worry , should you mess up , you can always click the reset button in the upper right of the synchronization tab (the two blue arrows), to reset the tracks.